Kick start your retail buying career and become a part of our Buying team. The role will assist and support the Senior Buyer, providing administrative and analytical support.
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand. This role is based in our beautiful head office in Alexandria.
APG & Co is always guided by our values: We are a Collective; We Thrive on Change; We Play to Win; We are Built to Last.
ADMINISTRATION and SYSTEMS
- Management of AP21/ Maple/ Range Plan
- Raising EANS, price tickets and communicating with stores on any product or pricing changes
- Assist in the Buying administration and management of processes and procedures to deliver ranges to stores with accurate product information
- Communicate and liaise with internal and external functions all relevant information
- Responsible for sample management and tracker
- Communicate trade reactions, summarise and update on a weekly basis
- Responsible for comp shopping
- Creation of Buying Boards, line sheets and updating range plans
- Communicate updated range information to Sydney and Vietnam teams
- Liaise with wider business functions on sample management for key meetings in the Buying Calendar and in the progress of the ranges to final store execution.
- Responsible for raising POs
- Work closely with Visual Merchandising to pull together stories and key mannequin / window looks
- Order and chase PR samples and assist marketing with campaign imagery and concession looks
- Pull samples to be shot online and assist with styling
- Provide product notes for online descriptions
- Attend fittings and manage up to date Production Tracker
- Lead weekly production meetings with the wider team to manage the progress of the product and ensure on-time delivery of the ranges. Escalate any production issues to that would affect on-time delivery of ranges to store.
- Price negotiation and confirmation
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience in a fashion retail Buying department
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize tasks and take initiative
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.