APG & Co is seeking a Buyer to be responsible for identifying new product opportunities and refining product mix for concession, free-standing and etail stores to maximise sales and Gross Margin. You will introduce and execute on sourcing initiatives to optimise margin, reduce stock in the system and reduce lead times.
Take responsibility for identifying new trends/styles, full in-house range planning and execution, working closely with the Head of Product on all aspects of new purchasing, indent orders and range planning, negotiate pricing with all suppliers.
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
- Create and evolve the Buying strategy and operational plans in line with business priorities, financial targets and Brand DNA for MW & WW
- From Customer insights ensure product, stores, stock levels and buying architecture is in line with Brand DNA and agreed metrics
- Produce range plans that support the financial objectives of the business and Brand DNA
- Identify new product opportunities and refine product mix for concession, free-standing and etail stores to maximise sales and Gross Margin
- Captures seasonal trends through the presentation of sample purchases, seasonal inspiration boards, seasonal theme, colour palettes, and monthly ranges in line with Brand DNA
- Ensure go to market calendar is met and critical path is followed
- Introduce and execute on sourcing initiatives to optimise margin, reduce stock in the system and reduce lead time
- Manages team and performance through effective management, structuring, recruitment, succession planning, reward coaching and development programs
- 5+ years’ experience as a Buyer, working in Apparel with reputable retailer
- Live and breathe the Australian and international fashion market
- Strong hands-on department management experience; OTB, product development and critical path, supply base, trading, working cross-functionally with e-commerce and marketing teams
- Team management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management both internally and externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize tasks and take initiative
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.