Reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager this Analyst role is responsible for reporting, financial planning (budget, forecast and analysis), financial insights and modelling.
APG & CO
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: Bringing Style to Life. APG & Co values working as a collective, thriving on change, and playing to win. We are built to last.
- Deliver accurate data and key management reports to the business within the agreed timeline
- Create reports or templates to meet new business requirement.
- Maintain all standard management reports in a consistent format across various brands
- Strong system skills to adopt automation and visualisation reporting
- Ownership of the administrative process of existing systems and reporting hierarchies.
Financial Planning (Budget, Forecast & Analysis)
- Assist in the co-ordination of annual budget in line with company strategy and manage the end-to-end budgeting process including initial scoping and planning, budget pack preparation and system uploads
- Assist in the co-ordination of 18 month rolling forecast with scenario planning including cashflow forecast
- Partner with planning team to manage stock purchasing (OTB) requirement in line with sales expectation and assist Financial Controller with forecasting USD buy requirements.
- Regular, consistent, and effective business partnering. Working together with the various budget owner and stakeholders on cost control and ensuring accountability.
- Partner with financial accountant during month-end to deliver accurate monthly result with variance analysis against budget/forecast
Financial Insights, analysis, and modelling
- Liaise with & support internal stakeholders to make optimal business decisions by providing evidence-based analysis & insights
- Proactively identifying and analysing commercial opportunities, issues and trends within the business
- Provide support through financial modelling, profit and feasibility analysis on business initiatives to drive profit improvement
- Continue improving existing process and enhance work efficiency
- Accounting qualifications e.g. CA, CPA (completed)
- Strong financial and commercial track record with retail (or FMCG) experience (Apparel environment preferable)
- Strong analysis and financial modelling skills
- Experienced financial and management reporting and budgeting & forecasting
- Strong Microsoft office Skills especially excel and PowerPoint with the ability to manipulate and translate data. Must be able to run pivot tales and utilise all formulas.
- Previous systems experiences with AP21, Power BI and Procube preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Capable of working towards tight deadline and move priority
- Strong personal integrity
- Problem solver and great team player
- Strategic and critical thinking
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.