JAG is a relaxed, understated and versatile brand with a core product offering that is considered in design. Simple, clean lines defined by quality fits and fabrications underpin each jag range; which sees cool, staple pieces that can easily be paired back with denim. JAG is effortless and relaxed â in the australian way.
Your main objective will be to manage the overall brand direction and to develop a commercial strategy. You will be highly driven, have exceptional team motivational and management skills.
Provide creative inspiration, direction and thought leadership that will allow the brand to:
- Deepen penetration and elevate positioning
- Create exceptional & differentiated product that leads the market
- Identify new commercial opportunities through product or brand extensions
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand. This role is based in our beautiful head office in Alexandria.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: Bringing Style to Life. APG & Co values working as a collective, thriving on change, and playing to win. We are built to last.
Brand Strategy - Direction and Development
- Formulate business plan and strategy to deliver on business objectives and financials
- Manage annual budgets and monitor week to week financials and performance of Brand
- Manage OTB, Price architecture and Inventory to achieve company metrics and objectives.
- Manage P&L to achieve financial targets as agreed in business plans and focus on delivering profitable sales whilst managing costs in line with budget
- Maximise synergies with broader APG and successfully integrate key business areas
Product â creative direction and trends
- Responsible for managing a commercial and desirable range and retail environment that meets sales budgets, margin targets, proposed range mix and customer expectations
- Research and analyse trends that will impact the brands or may provide new opportunities (categories, segments etc)
- Interpret trends in a relevant and commercial manner for brand design / development teams
- Form trend analysis and research - work with Brands to develop unique, commercial colour palettes, silhouette trends, categories that reflect the true and evolving brand essence.
- Understand existing brand customers and ways to reach new customers
- Investigate new commercial product lines
- From consumer insight and in consultation with managers ensure product, stores, stock levels and buying architecture is in line with Brand DNA and agreed metrics.
- In line with Brand DNA and agreed metrics ensure product, buying and brand architecture delivers assortments to drive business performance
- Works in consultation with the Creative Director and the commercial direction of the Design team
- Responsible for the overall Inventory strategy from Procurement to Clearance. Ensures strategies are in place to optimise existing and new product categories. Focus placed on optimising poor performing Merchandise categories to drive LFL growth.
- Ensure price architecture and Value Proposition supports Inventory, Marketing and distribution strategies for both traditional and new sales channels.
Marketing Management (Collaboration with HO Marketing)
- Responsible for the leadership of brand, marketing and product
- Building the Brands image and increasing brand profile
- Ensure Brand perception is aligned to core demographic and attracts new Omni Channel customers.
- Ensure Brand DNA is consistently applied across all internal and external communication channels.
- Ensure Marketing methods and Marketing Channels deliver agreed brand penetration metrics.
- Ensure PR strategies and tactics are in line with Brand DNA and drive Brand awareness
- Ensure customer insight strategies are in place and data is utilised to make informed decisions on all aspects of managing the brand
- Collaborating on store concepts and experience
- Collaborating on Brand touch-points
Leadership, Culture and Communication
- Building a credible, efficient, reliable and knowledgeable team of people
- Align employees to company values.
- Evolve the brand culture to be in line with the brand vision and lead a strong, dynamic and effective team.
- Provide inspirational leadership that engages individuals and teams through mentoring, performance discussions and recognition processes.
- Effectively manage key external relationships
- Effective and strong relationships with broader Executive team.
- Proven experience as a General Manager in speciality retail, managing business through retail financial metrics. Experience includes managing growth opportunities.
- Product driven executive who understands fashion
- Commercial aptitude and trend awareness
- Strong leadership skills and effective at engaging and providing strong direction and vision to team
- Have a sound understanding of design, retail, marketing and merchandising
- Has strong personal integrity
- Effectively plan workload & prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines
- Be a clear communicator & negotiator with the ability to influence and work well with a variety of people
- Have strong leadership, management and coaching skills to develop others
- Able to attract and retain the best talent and is strong at building high performing teams, able to make hard decisions on non performing talent.
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.