APG&Co are looking for an experienced Head of Content, Social Marketing and PR to work across their portfolio of brands, Sportscraft, Saba and Jag. The role is responsible for leading, developing and executing the content strategy and how it translates across key brand and sales channels.
The ideal candidate is a bold, multi-faceted, and innovative content leader and marketer with experience in the retail and fashion industry.
APG & CO
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: Bringing Style to Life. APG & Co values working as a collective, thriving on change, and playing to win. We are built to last.
The role combines content, commercial and creative marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company content strategy, including how we interact with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue across all customer facing channels. Works with creative, editorial and social media team members to create innovative campaigns that turn fans into customers and customers into advocates.
The successful candidate will lead the Content, Social Marketing and PR team and will be responsible for:
- Setting the content strategy in line with the broader brand strategy. Creating coherence between content, social marketing, email and other functions such as creative, digital, retail and customer care.
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content (across all channels).
- Deliver the voice of the brands (in line with brand creative guidelines).
- Defining operations and process: Develop and drive process to manage a world class social media practice including planning, calendaring, publishing, community engagement, moderation, reporting and readouts. Responsible for posts, replies and content.
- Understand our core audiences and how to leverage PR, social media and content to influence their hearts and minds of our customers, providing insights back to the business.
- Define campaign KPIs and co-ordinate analysis of project impact. Ensure proper amplification of key messages through use of organic social media, paid social media, email, in store and partnerships
- Create and maintain a monthly content calendar for each platform, leveraging brand marketing calendar and culturally relevant moments to maximise relevance of storytelling to drive engagement, reach and follower growth.
- Engage and work with influencers and brand advocates, building brand awareness and followers, and reinforce the brand positioning. Coordinate the creation of content with through development and curation of content ideas and briefs.
- Hire, onboard, coach and mentor team of social media and content planning experts, build team culture, manage the work and be responsible for the output and results of the team.
- Work closely with our Customer Data Platform to secure engagement with customers and attract prospect clients through synergisation of target segmentation.
- Work with Digital Marketing team to develop and optimise content for paid advertising
- Analytical, equally as passionate about the numbers as you are being creative
- At least 5 years of experience leading a high performing content and social marketing function (social channels, campaigns, advertising, email etc) in a fashion or retail business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Passionate about and up to date with the latest trends, in culture and fashion
- Experience developing content and management of social media to brand guidelines
- Creative, with strong attention to detail
- Strategic with a proven ability to form growth, acquisition and engagement plans
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.