This QA and Technical Specialist role is responsible for upholding our quality and fit standards across all brands, working with the existing QA team and suppliers.
You will constantly review our standards and blocks and make improvements and recommendations where required.
APG & CO
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: Bringing Style to Life. APG & Co values working as a collective, thriving on change, and playing to win. We are built to last.
Quality and fit review
- Review and check on a frequent basis our fits and production garments to ensure we are delivering to our high standards and production is in line with agreed and approved Sealed samples
- Work with existing QA team and suppliers to ensure we are meeting the approved standards
- Feedback any issues and make recommendations for improvements
Review of All Blocks
- Review current Blocks within the Brands Business across menswear and womenswear in each category.
- Set up competitor review process on Fit and Grading and give recommendations for each Brand working with Buying Team and QA team.
- Carry out fits and following up on each category where required with pattern makers and key stake holders to establish new Blocks for the business
Store visits and reviews
- Attend stores regularly to see product and hear store and customer feedback
- Competitors review with clear learnings and recommendations on relevant category for continuous improvement
- Feed back to the relevant teams and ensure the key learnings are actioned where applicable
Quality and Standards Management
- Set or reinstate the requirements for Garment Performance and construction where required for on-going improvements to construction/performance.
- Knowledge of the Brands QA/QC Standards Manuals for Garments, work with Senior Quality Manager for updates
- Establish & Refresh Grading Standards Manual to ensure factories are grading in line with Retail Brands requirements.
- Bench marking against international Brands with similar core values / Standards to APG & Co
Ensure Garment/Accessories standards are achieved
- Review and implement changes in labelling standards in line with government regulations.
- Establish standards for all garment components to ensure consistency across manufacturing base
- Involvement in fittings with Design & QA team to improve fit consistency.
- Establish and maintain productive relationship with all company stakeholders, CEO, GMs, Head of Product, Design, Technical team, Vendors & Offshore offices.
- Work with Offshore offices with Production manager and Direct Vendors to ensure understanding of required business standards and production aligns with these consistencies
- Embrace in a culture of continuous improvement and implementation of new working practices and technology
- +10 years of industry experience with in-depth knowledge in both woven and knitwear (Fully Fashioned) garments constructions, pattern making and production.
- Sound knowledge in manufacturing process
- Strong technical understanding and Industry experience in Pattern making and grading in Womenswear and Menswear.
- Knowledge experience and ability to identify fit issues and how to correct them in relation to patterns and workmanship.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent knowledge of QA practice within factory environments
- Proactive solution orientated and efficient approach to problem solving
- Experience in establishing QA standards for a Premium Brand
- Experience in dealing with offshore offices, Factories and Supply Chain
- Enjoys working inside established processes and disciplines, always with a focus on continuous improvement
- Work well independently as well as being a great collaborator
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.