Reporting into the GM of Planning & Logistics this role is a crucial member of the team that helps develops & drives the right category mix. The right candidate will play a key role in implementing and managing the OTB as well as developing strategies to help provide profitable ranges, optimising inventory & sales by ensuring that we are getting the right stock to the right place at the right time.
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand. This role is based in our beautiful head office in Alexandria.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: Bringing Style to Life. APG & Co values and expects authentic, courageous, driven team players.
- In conjunction with Head of Product, develop and manage the seasonal merchandise strategy, range and options plans in order to achieve financial plans across all categories.
- Establish and manage sales budget, Stock Levels, OTB and Gross Profit
- Achieve critical financial targets such as Sales, Stock turn and Sell through
- Manage purchases, stock and control markdown/discounting targeting areas of concern through promotions
- Achieve maximum GP$
- Identify essential lines, analyse their performance and forecast sales potential
- Manage in-season and post-season performance, working with Head of Product on strategies moving forward, to identify best practice, lessons learnt, and improve performance
- Replenishment/Inventory management â balance between stores and warehouse in line with sales plan
- Set store grading strategy and review store performance, analysis and model stocks
- Maintain effective relationships with Key stakeholders within Retail Brand divisions i.e. Finance, retail, product and eCommerce teams
- Proficient in Systems knowledge â Excel, Maple Lake, AP21
- Broad skills and experience in Allocating & Planning
- Experience working in a similar role for at least 5 years.
- Ability to work in an agile, high-pace and changing environment, react appropriately and efficiently, and identify solutions
- Ability to build and leverage relationships across the business.
- Able to work collaboratively, take on feedback and switch gears quickly and seamlessly
- Confident and effective communicator with an ability to influence the broader business and drive key decision making
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring and regular feedback to direct reports
- Ability to present to Executive Team
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- High levels of numerical reasoning skills
- A good understanding of general fashion retail principles
- Ability to work effectively autonomously
- Strong numerical and & analytical skills
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.