This position will be responsible for ensuring consistent & effective merchandising and visual merchandising standards are communicated to our 3 brands Sportscraft, Saba & Jag store and concession environments. This role will provide Visual Merchandising support in head office to the Head of Visual Merchandising supporting the overall Visual Merchandising Department and team members.
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
What are we looking for?
We are on the lookout for a special someone who has a background combining a nice balance of creative flair along with administrative and coordination experience. This role is a unique role that is a true combination of the creative hands on aspects of Visual Merchandising along with the varying tasks of a coordinator level role around handling many projects that the VM department handle. From sending of communication updates to the stores to arranging items to arrive at a store for new campaigns and openings.
Working alongside our Head office VM team and Product team members in the office along with our field VM team members, and store teams, the successful candidate will:
- Work with Head of VM and Chief Sales & Marketing Officer to ensure all states / markets receive clear weekly direction on all VM activities for in-store and windows
- Ensure all merchandising direction reflects the national direction to support all new product deliveries
- Ensure all VM activities support Marketing and promotional strategies and are always in line with brand positioning
- Complete weekly in store merchandising updates within the mock shop in order to create VM update document & attend store execution with state team on a weekly basis
- Ensure all mannequin styling and outfit suggestions for retail teams to convey all product team intentions
- Work with VM Department to support in various VM activities such as weekly VM Update directives, window execution directives, sourcing and ordering of VM components for stores, VM department admin & store allocations of VM material
- Management and delivery of VM items for New stores and concession openings
- Management of VM collateral requirements for stores for all campaigns
- Provide photo feedback on photos from field teams
Ideally, you have:
- Administrative skills and a background in coordinator type roles in a head office environment would be an advantage
- Intermediate levels of computer experience are required and knowledge in Adobe creative suite as well as standard Microsoft applications are essential
- Proven experience in fashion retail visual merchandising
- Previous experience working in a Head office environment and coordinating with product teams and VM teams on all product preparation and mock shop management
- Worked in mock shop environments with VM and Product team members to create documents for guidelines to be sent out to stores
- Background in VM document creation and sending out communication to stores around VM disciplines and updates
- A good balance of being hands on and creative along with being disciplined and organised with regard to administration
- Computer knowledge is essential â adobe creative suite, excel and all other Microsoft application knowledge
- Vast knowledge, skill and experience of retail industry
- Formal training and qualifications in visual merchandising
- An eye for detail
- An obvious love for our brands!
Where do I sign?
This full-time role is based in our stunning head offices in Alexandria. We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.