APG & Co is seeking an Assistant Designer to manage the administrative tasks associated with the SABA Womenswear design process and assist designers to execute seasonal collections in line with brand DNA, fit requirements and strategic direction.
APG & Co
A leader in the Australian fashion industry, APG & Co designs and manages Sportscraft, SABA and JAG. For over 50 years, APG & Co. has curated, grown and evolved these brands to be at the forefront of Australian fashion. We celebrate our history while allowing our brands to express themselves in contemporary, relevant and authentic ways.
We have an unwavering commitment to design and quality across all aspects of our business. This commitment, when coupled with our creativity and passion allows us to bring great brands to life in engaging and surprising ways.
APG & Co has over 1200 employees across Australia and New Zealand. This role is based in our beautiful head office in Alexandria.
The working environment is dynamic, professional and passionate. The mission: bringing style to life. Our values: We are a Collective, We thrive on Change, We play to Win, We are Built to Last.
- Work closely with the Design Team to manage fabric inquiries, style sets ups and trim developments.
- Rendering sketches using adobe photoshop/illustrator/CLO and assisting with technical sketches where required
- Overseeing all fabric and trim submissions and managing the filing of them in an organised manner.
- Develop and manage design tracker and FIS process.
- Design Tracker set up using Microsoft excel.
- FIS process for fabrics and trims
- AP21 style set up and BOM updates where required
- Assist senior designers with tech pack set up and handover.
- Attend fit sessions and administrate design changes through the appropriate channels and systems.
- Updating submissions in PLM and attending production meetings with buyers. Ensuring aspects of design development and production are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Post sign off management on product changes
- Sending and communicating new FIS and CAD updates
- Communicating detailed product information to online team for copywriting.
- Managing approval of bulk QC packs for FOB styles.
- Ensuring design administrative tasks are completed in an organised and timely manner.
- Minimum of 2 years study diploma or degree level fashion design
- Previous industry experience of 3 years minimum preferred
- Advanced technical understanding of garment construction
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator â verbal and written
- Interest in fashion
- Skills in Adobe photoshop, illustrator, in design
- Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in AP21 or NICHE would be preferred but not essential
Where do I sign?
We offer lots of flexibility to keep your work/life balance healthy, 50% discount on products, sample sales, paid parental leave, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Style your career in a new direction and apply now.